Monday, April 15, 2013

Three Dog Day

Didn't have a chance to post any dogs over the weekend so I am making up for it today and posting three. Hope you like them.

This first sketch is a real quick one of my son's dog. Done from life in about five minutes. He kept having dreams and moving.

Second sketch is just a grouchy dog.



Third sketch is another dog from life. This dog was my son's fifth birthday present. He was a mix of Malamute and St. Bernard. At his prime he weighed 205 pounds, shoulders were just shy of 30 inches, and he could run or swim all day long. He was a gentle giant in every sense of the word. I loved this dog.



His name was Butch and he lived 14 years at which time I had to make the decision to put him down. How do you know when it is the right time to do such a thing? My son and I buried him in the middle of an aspen grove on the backside of a nearby mountain. I miss him terribly.

This drawing was done sometime the last year of his life.

No comments: